Welcome to Kent Hospital a Member of Care New England
Welcome to the Graduate Medical Education (GME) program at Kent Hospital. Opened in 1951, Kent Hospital is a member of the Care New England Health System and a 359-bed acute care hospital. The hospital is located in the city
of Warwick, 11 miles south of Providence and mid-way between Boston and
New York. As the largest community hospital in Rhode Island, and second
largest hospital in the state, Kent serves a population of more than
300,000 across central Rhode Island, and sees close to 70,000+ visits
per year in its redesigned Emergency Department(ED). Kent's ED volume is ranked among the top 10-percent nationally
and it was the first hospital in the state to eliminate the practice of
Kent has more than 2,200 employees, 620 medical staff, 500 volunteers, 327 auxiliary members and offers a full range of services and specialties including:
- Cardiovascular care in conjunction with Brigham and Women's Hospital of Boston.
- A 15-bed ICU directed by intensivists.
- Inpatient psychiatry and rehabilitation units.
- Wound Recovery and Hyperbaric Medicine Center.
- A state-of-the-art Ambulatory Surgery Center.
- The second busiest obstetrical department in the state with a level II NICU.
Kent is fully accredited by The Joint Commission and holds numerous other national program and service accreditations, including an "A" Spring 2014 Hospital Safety Score; three Healthgrades, Maternity Care Excellence Awards™; and five Get With The Guidelines®–Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Awards from the American Heart Association.